Alterations are not included in the price of your gown. However, on-site alterations are available for your convenience. Custom fittings are provided by Jude Dickson. Jude’s business is separate from Weddings By Design and customers pay her directly. There is no obligation to use her as your seamstress of choice, but we highly recommend Jude to all of our clients. Jude has a degree in fashion and design and has sewn in the bridal industry for 35 years. She has been recognized nationally for her work and is a member of the Association of Sewing and Design Professionals. You can be confident that your dress will be custom fit to you by someone who performs quality services and genuinely cares about each customer.
To schedule an alterations appointment, text Jude Dickson at 515-240-8700.
Submit measurements by using the form below.
Purchased your gown elsewhere?
With a $25 fitting fee, you can come to WBD for an alteration appointment with Jude.
ABOUT YOUR ALTERATIONS
- Bridal attire is not custom cut to your specific measurements. Tailoring to your personal shape and height is required for most formal gowns.
- Garments must be paid for in full before custom fittings can begin.
- Fitting appointments are done in store on Tuesdays from 11am – 6pm.
- You will pay Jude in full on the day of your first fitting. Checks are preferred.
- Bridal gown fittings should be scheduled at least 12 weeks before the wedding. Bridesmaids, flower girls & Mothers 8 weeks in advance.
- First fittings for maids are scheduled for 15 minutes.
- The number of fittings necessary will be determined at your first fitting.
- Work is scheduled ahead of the wear date to accommodate a final try on, a bustle review before 2 weeks before your wedding to allow time for steaming and pressing of your gown.
- Arriving for alterations promptly and being dressed and ready for your scheduled time allows for fairness to all brides scheduled the same day. Late arrivals may be asked to reschedule.
- You MUST have shoes, slip, bra and all undergarments with you or you may be asked to reschedule. Bra cups are available in the store.
- Alterations are exclusive to each customer and the dress she chooses for herself and her bridesmaid so that each person will be fitted differently. Consequently, alteration charges may vary.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid charges.
- Should there be a weight change that occurs after the first pinning/fitting, there will be an additional cost as more work is performed to re-tailor your gown.